Reports to: Clinical Director
Summary: The Case Manager is responsible for the support and mentoring of clients while in Detoxification, Residential Treatment or Intensive Outpatient. The Case Manager will maintain caseload, acts as the central receiver of pertinent clinical data and works closely with the Clinical Director in the formulation of treatment planning, responding to crisis within the milieu and planning for the needs of clients and client milieu to ensure efficacy of service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of all Case Management duties and/or documentation within Beginnings and Elite Care timelines
- Review Intake Assessment with client
- Individualized treatment/recovery planning for each client in case load
- Documentation of progress and treatment plan reviews in coordination with client’s primary therapist
- Discharge planning and documentation in Electronic Medical Record
- Clinical updates to family and/or referral sources (as allowed via client consents).
- Regular sessions with clients, as outlined via Participant Admission Agreement and Treatment Plan.
- Crisis Intervention
- Referral to outside providers (dental, legal, psychiatry etc.)
- Group facilitation; both process and educational groups
- Filing, copies, other office duties to complete case management duties.
- Preparation of group materials and researching new methodologies for inclusion in group and individual sessions
- Current certification through CCAPP as a CADC-I or CADC-II; or working toward certification and can provide proof of education
- One year of experience as a Case Manager with strong professional references attesting to high degree of clinical sophistication preferred
- Advanced knowledge of 12-step treatment model and its application in residential treatment.
- Specific knowledge helpful in process addiction and treatment resources.
- Advanced assessment, treatment planning, discharge planning, and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of treatment and referral community in Southern California.
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological symptom management techniques.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR
- Valid California Driver’s license
*The job duties listed above should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties required. Other duties will be assigned as need arises and according to programmatic need.