Addiction to Xanax and any substance, in general, is dangerous. It is well known taking to many Xanax, getting Xanax bars of the street and or combining Xanax with other substances often leads to overdose and or death. What is not well known is that quitting Xanax on your own can be fatal. To safely get off of Xanax you should be medically supervised through the withdrawal process.
Addiction to Benzodiazepines are especially dangerous because Benzos are tricky drugs to quit. As your tolerance builds and the habit forms, addiction to Xanax can lead to:
- Using more Xanax than prescribed
- Stealing or lying to get more scripts
- Illegally buying Xanax on the street
- Stealing Xanax from medicine cabinets
- Frequent drowsiness and nodding off during the day
- Painful withdrawal symptoms when you run out