20 Amazing Quotes About Sobriety
Do Sobriety Quotes Help With Your Recovery?
A lot of people use drugs and alcohol to mask feelings and emotions. We would use substances so that we didn’t have to feel. When you get sober you will experience your full range of emotions. Somedays you will be happy and excited about life and other days will be tough.
With that being said your life will improve and be beautiful in sobriety. However, there will be some days where you start to feel down or overwhelmed and a little encouragement or motivation can go a long way!
Sobriety quotes can completely help change our mindset if we’re not in a great place. Reading motivating sobriety quotes can also keep someone already strong in their recovery going.
If you are looking for the best sobriety quotes to keep you going. Look no further!
20. “Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
19. "Don't let the past define your present."
18. "In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths."
17. "Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life."
16. "Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny."
15. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
14. "The best way to predict your future is to create it."
13. "Courage isn't having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength."
12. "The goal isn't to be sober. The goal is to love yourself so much that you don't need to drink."
11. "Believe you can and you're halfway there."
10. "Humility is not denying your strengths. Humility is being honest about your weaknesses"
9. "Feelings aren't facts."
8. "The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday."
7. "Recovery is not for people who need it or want it. it's for people who DO it."
6. "It hurts & then it heals"
5. "Recovery is not a race. You don't have to feel gyilty if it takes you longer than you thought it would."
4. "Sobriety was not just about drugs and alcohol. I had to detox from anger, fear, resentment & hate."
3. "There is no shame in beginning again, for you get a chance to build bigger and better than before."
2. "The struggles and chaos are apart of life. But you have to accept them with grace and serenity because they have their own gifts too."
1. "Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life."
Sobriety quotes can be helpful and motivating but often times are not enough to keep a person sober.
There are many amazing people that have not been able to stop without professional help or intervention. Even if they could, it wouldn’t be safe for them to do it alone.
Beginnings Treatment Center provides a structured, safe and nurturing environment where clients can overcome their substance abuse and related issues by receiving the best in therapeutic care as well as strong support from our extensive alumni to build happy, purposeful and productive lives.
Please call us at Beginnings Treatment Center if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction. If you have any questions, please give us a call and someone from our team will be happy to help you. (949) 867-6770.